Type 4 – centre positive 5,5/2,5mm plug
This Flex cable type should be used to power all Eventide Factor and H9 pedals, older 4-button modelers from Line 6 like the DL4,, some older 18, 24 or 40V Electro-Harmonix pedals and most of the AC powered pedals.
ype 4 Flex cables are green and fitted with a centre positive 5,5/2,5mm DC plug. This Flex cable type is nowdays mainly used to power all Eventide Factor and H9 pedals and is widely used for many AC pedals. This Flex cable is available with angled (L-shaped) plug in three lengths 30, 50 or 80cm.
The applications we know are the following pedals:
- all Eventide Factor and H9 pedals
- big older 4-button modeling Line 6 pedals (DL4, DM4, MM4, AM4 and FM4)
- older Electro-Harmonix pedals which need 18, 24 or 40V
- DigiTech Whammy (the first original and 4th edition) *
- DigiTech Talker, original JamMan *
- DigiTech JamMan stereo original ones, later versions are DC and for type 1 Flex (BOSS standard) *
- DigiTech Delay, TimeBender, HarmonyMan, Expression Factory, Space Station *
- VoodooLab Control Switcher
- M9 and M13 modelers from Line 6
- Boomerang Phrase Sampler or Chorus Delay
- FoxRox Captain Coconut
- Rocktron All Access MIDI controller
- many pedals from say H&K, Mesa Boogie, Yamaha which should be powered with AC *
* For AC pedals polarity doesn’t matter! There’s nothing like a DC or AC cable. Power cables just have a negative or positive polarity which in case of alternating current doesn’t matter. If your black Flex cable doesn’t fit into your AC pedal’s socket you should use the green one which is for the larger 2,5mm pin. Minimum one green Flex cable is included with all our power supplies except the Adam link. You can also get a yellow type 3 Flex cable for your AC pedal and have the green ones to power your Eventides.
4030 CIOKS Flex 4 – 30cm (12″) with 5,5/2,5mm centre positive angled DC plug (green)
4050 CIOKS Flex 4 – 50cm (20″) with 5,5/2,5mm centre positive angled DC plug (green)
4080 CIOKS Flex 4 – 80cm (31″) with 5,5/2,5mm centre positive angled DC plug (green)
CIOKS Flex Cables – Confused? This could help you!
This video is not about the standard Flex cables which only have one plug in each end – one connected to the power supply and the other to a pedal but rather the special ones in the Special Flex cables section. You can skip the first while and jump directly to 1:30 where the information begins.